Deep Run Hunt Pony Club Camp Information
DRHPC 2021 camp will be held July 11-17, 2021. It is a day camp and typically runs from 7:30-5:00 each day. Camp is
held at the Deep Run Hunt Club in Manakin-Sabot, VA.
***COVID -19 regulations may require some adjustment to typical schedule*****
Campers can expect to ride in two small group lessons daily, lunch each day is at the hunt clubhouse
and campers pack a lunch. Swimming in the clubs pool between 11:30 and 1:00 lets
campers cool down before afternoon lessons. Extra activities planned include and art stall with tie dye,
painting, and horse related crafts, a visit from a vet, a farrier demonstrating hot shoeing, and visits from
special guests in various disciplines (2016 includes musical dressage rides, endurance riding and
more). Extra activities are scheduled so campers of all age groups can take part.
The weekly schedule may include: (schedule subject to change based on instructor availability)
- Day 1, lessons on the flat and over jumps 9-12, lunch and swimming, lessons on the flat and over jumps 1-3:30, extra activity
- Day 2, jumping day, lessons from 9-12, lunch and swimming, lessons from 1-3:30, extra activity.
- Day 3, dressage day, lesson from 9-12, lunch and swimming, lessons from 1-3:30, extra activity
- Day 4, cross country day, one small group clinic on the cross country course, 9-3:30, lunch and swimming, special guest presentation or dressage, extra activity
- Day 5, D rating for new pony clubbers, dressage for rated campers, lunch and swimming, games 1- 3:30
DRHPC camp is suitable for riders 8 and up who are able to independently care for, tack, and organize
themselves to ride. Each camper is on a "team" with an older camper who acts as mentor and the rest
of the crew is of varying ages. Campers look out for each other and work and play together, but need
to be able to manage their mount independently. Campers need to be members of the pony club to
attend. Campers bring their own mounts to camp, mounts must be safe and suited to their riders
DRHPC is run by the club DC and parent volunteers. Teaching staff are recognized trainers and
competitors who have excellent teaching skills and enjoy working with developing riders. Additional
staff are pony club graduates who volunteer to make the camp experience one to remember.
Safety at Pony Club events is paramount, a vet, farrier and EMT are on-call. Campers are supervised
by DRHPC parents and volunteers, each barn and active ring has one staff member on-site at all times
in addition to teaching staff. Campers are briefed on safety and team mentors check in with each
camper a few times daily to make sure everyone stays hydrated and happy.
Please contact us at email@example.com to receive DRHPC
membership materials if you would like to attend camp. A camp registration form will be sent to all
registered DRHPC members.